Disability Drag Show Accessibility
Wealthy Street Theatre | Live Performance (PG-13 – language)
1130 Wealthy Street Southeast
- 3 full rows of theater seating have been removed at the front of the theater to allow for approximately 60 flexible seating options for visitors. There will be a combination of open spaces for wheelchair and scooter users, folding chairs for companion seats, and a small number of soft seating options.
- Please thank Wealthy Staff for making the flexible seating section possible. This is the 1st time that the theater has taken out seats for an event.
American Sign Language (ASL)
- There will be 2 signers on stage at all times.
Audio Description (for iOS devices) – Saturday Show Only. Will be recorded for playback.
- Saturday show only. Email email@example.com if you would benefit from this service but are registered for the Sunday show.
Audio Description (What you need to bring with you – not provided)
- A personal iOS device (iPhone, iPad) – not available for Android
- Download AccessLyve app from the Apple App Store – not available for Android.
- Personal headphones in order to hear the descriptions since the music and audience will vary in volume.
- More information about AccessLyve is available at: www.artsaccessintl.com
(Once at the theater):
- Connect to the local AccessLyve WiFi.
- Fire up the app to hear the live stream.
Audio Description (non-iOS users)
- There are 2 assistive listening devices available at Wealthy Theatre. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not have an iOS device and would like to check one out. First come. First serve. We will have them ready for you when you arrive.
Come and Go Event
- This is a judgment-free zone. Please feel free to come and go from the theater as you need or want to.
- All attendees will receive a stamp, wristband, or ticket so that re-entry is possible.
- A television monitor and a couple of chairs will be available by the restrooms.
Drop Off Location
- There is not a convenient drop off location close to the front doors.
- Attendees are encouraged to arrive early to increase your chances of finding a parking space Wealthy Theatre’s parking lot behind the theatre.
Eargasms Ear Plugs donated by Eargasms
- DisArt has 3 pairs of high fidelity Pride Edition earplugs to give away.
- Please email EARGASMS to email@example.com to be entered into a drawing for the earplugs. Winners will be able to pick up their earplugs at the sensory table inside the theater.
- Eargasms is also offering a 10% discount to DisArt supporters. Use the Discount Code DA10 at check out. Code will be active until Tuesday, September 10.
- Sound system for visitors with hearing aids.
Open Captioning provided by Alternative Communication Services
- Captions will be projected at the back of the stage for the duration of the event.
- Attendees may also access captioning using.
- Restrooms have stalls and are gender neutral.
- Use of a private family restroom available upon request.
Sensory Friendly Kits provided by the Children’s Museum and an anonymous donor
- Sensory Friendly Kits are available for use. You will be required to leave your driver’s license, state ID, or another form of collateral at the sensory table to check out a kit.
Social Story created by Gwen Vogelzang ifisqueezeyourheadimsorry.com
- Gwen Vogelzang has created a short story to help attendees better anticipate and navigate both the live theater and the streamed Front Studio experience.
- Social Story for the Live Event
Front Studio | Live Streamed Performance (PG-13 – language)
1110 Wealthy Street Southeast
Services available in the Front Studio
- Come and Go Event
- Eargasms giveaway: please email EARGASMS to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered
- Drop Off location in front of building
- Flexible Seating Options
- Gender neutral restrooms
- Livestream that includes American Sign Language (ASL) and Open captioning
- Lower light levels
- Maximum capacity | 50 people
- Sensory Friendly Kits
- Social Story Sensory Screening Room
- Volume control
The Front Studio will not include:
- Audio Descriptions
- Hearing Loop
< Back to Events